The following resource list comes from Minie Smith's script for Just Add Water: An Exploration of the Milltown Dam and Its Communities, a 2006 exhibit at the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula.
Books and Thesis:
- Bateman, Bob Big Blackfoot Railway (Deer Lodge MT: Platen Press, 1974)
- Bicentennial Committee Bonner School, A Grass Roots Tribute: The Story of Bonner, Montana (Missoula MT: Gateway Press, 1976)
- Bradshaw, Glenda Clay Montana’s Historical Highway Markers (Helena Mt: Montana Historical Society, 1999)
- Dedman, Bill and Paul Clark Newell Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune (New York NY: Ballentine Books, 2014)
- Federal Writers Project, Montana A State Guidebook (New York: Viking Press, 1939
- Freeman, Harry C. A Brief History of Butte Montana (Chicago: The Henry O. Shepard Company, 1900)
- Glasscock. C.B. The War of the Copper Kings (New York: Grosset & Dunlop, 1966)
- Gordon, Greg When Money Grew on Trees: A. B. Hammond and the Age of the Timber Baron (Norman OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 2014)
- Johnson, Dale, Andrew B. Hammond: Education of a Capitalist on the Montana Frontier, PhD Thesis (Missoula MT: University of Montana, 1976)
- Koelbel, Lenora Missoula The Way It Was Missoula MT: Gateway Print and Litho, 1972)
- Long, Wallace and David A. Lake The Hisotry of Lothrop, Montana and Petty Creek (Lolo MT: Merkat Graphics, 1996)
- Malone, MichaelP. Richard B. Roeder and William Lang, Montana A History of Two Centuries Rev. Ed. (Seattle: University of Washington, 1976)
- Mangam, William D. The Clarks An American Phenomenon (New York: Silver Bow Press, 1941)
- Matthews, James Allen A Guide to Historic Missoula (Helena MT: Montana Historical Society, 2002)
- McCarter, Steve, Guide to the Milwaukee Road in Montana (Helena MT: Montana Historical Society, 1992)
- Montana Power Company The Story of Montana Power (Butte MT: Montana Power Co., 1941(?)
- Mullan, Capt. John, Report on the Construction of a Military Road from Fort Walla-Walla to Fort Benton (Fairfield WA: Ye Galleon Press, 1998) pp 31-33
- Pierson, Gladys, Acculturation of the Finns in Milltown, Montana MA Thesis (Missoula MT: University of Montana, 1941)
- Salish Pend d’Oreille Culture Committee and Elders Cultural Advisory Committee, Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, The Salish People and the Lewis and Clark Expedition (Lincoln: University of Nebraska, 2005) p. 51
- Smith, Minie The Missoula Mercantile: The Store that Ran an Empire (Charleston SC: The History Press, 2012)
- Spritzer, Don Roadside History of Montana (Missoula: Mountain Press Publishing Co, 1999
- Toole, John H. The Baron, The Logger, The Miner and Me (John H. Toole, 1974)
- Bolle, Arnold W., William K. Gibson and Elizabeth Hannum, The Forest Products Industry in Montana (Missoula): Montana Forest and Conservation Experiment Station Bull No 31, May 1966)
- Historical Research Associates, Inc., Cultural Resource Report Milltown Reservoir Sediments Site, Missoula Montana (Fort Collins CO: ARCO Coal Company, Division of Atlantic Richfield Company, ENSR Consulting and Engineering, Oct. 1990)
- Quivik, Fredric L. Milltown Dam A Determination of Eligibility for the National Register of Historic Places (Butte: Renewable Technologies Inc., Nov. 1984)
- Strohmaier, David, Cultural Resources Report for Bonner Dam Removal Project (Missoula MT: Historical research Associates Inc., 2005
- Audra Browman Papers, K Ross Toole Archives, The University of Montana, Missoula, Series VI, Research Caard File, 8 linear feet, undated.
- Demmons Photo Collection, Bonner School, Bonner MT
- Guide to Montana Power Company Records 1892-1967, K Ross Toole Archives, The University of Montana, Missoula, Mss 240.
- Guide to Anaconda Forest Products Company Records 1890-1971, K Ross Toole Archives, The University of Montana, Missoula, Mss 057.
- Montana Memory Project: Demmons Photo Collection on-line